Welcome

So this is the first post and hopefully not the last one to my new blog. My name is Becki. I'm the mild alter ego of a popular E.R author who I don't plan on devulging here.  This site will remain kid friendly? And why? Well unlike my main author page, this page will be one my kids can actually go and visit, tell their friends about or even brag if they choose. 

Of course my reasoning behind delving into the childern's book genre is because I'm weak. After months of my youngest daughter Penelope begging me to write something I would allow her to read, I buckled.  And here I am now, knee deep in the first draft of The Arrival.  This book is geared towards the tween bracket. You know that pesky age between ten and fourteen where our darling childern seem to start growing a backbone along with their own unique personalities.  I have two tweens and hopefully this book will appeal to them.  (Well at least one off them. My youngest has already vetted the blurb and even gave her two cents worth about the cover art and everything else that might be remotely related to the book.)  

So I guess you can say she's the reason behind the birth of my children's book career.  I don't know - what do you think....does she look like an angel who refused to let it go? (she's the one giving Mom bunny ears...imagine that!)   I think so.