Sunday Fun {3} - Bleached Tie Dye Beach Towels


Welcome once again to Sunday Fun.  This week, I scoured the net to find something fun and creative for my girls that I wouldn't have to go buy out half the craft store. That's when I found this nifty idea HERE*.  I remember as a teenager tie-dying shirts in home ec and believe me this craft is much easier - no expensive dyes to buy or anything.  And believe it or not, I had everything on hand!  

You'll need the following items:
  • Bleach and water
  • Squirt bottle
  • Colored towel
  • Rubber bands
  • Large bucket of water to rinse  
 
Teen Summer Craft Ideas Bleached Tie Dye Beach Towel
 STEPS
Step 1: Using the rubber bands, tie up the towel. Try various ways of twisting the towel to get different patterns. 

Step 2: Fill squirt bottle with a mixture of equal parts bleach and water.  Then spray the tied areas of the towel.  Let it sit for about a minute or til you see the bleach working.  Then use the bucket of clean water to rinse.  The article also mentions to use a separate bucket for each towel.

Step 3:  Then wash and dry the towels as usual.  


Finished Look: 
Teen Summer Craft Ideas Bleached Tie Dye Beach Towel 

 *This idea I got off of Parentingteens.about.com as well as the pictures.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I think i can do this method to dye towels in our spa. Some of them are already fading, but we don't want to just replace them because their quality is still good.