Becki's Writing Partner

 Every writer has a writing partner, some one who roots them on as they sit for however long every day or week in front of a computer screen. It could be family, it could be a friend, it could even be an agent.  But in my case, it's of the four legged variety.  It doesn't matter where I'm sitting or working at, my writing partner has to be close by.  She has to be touching. She has to remind me that she's there - even if it's sleeping.  In fact, at this moment, she's laying under my desk, her body tightly curled up with her breath tickling my toes.  

For the past five years she's been my constant companion, whether it's sitting at my feet at my desk, across my legs on my recliner, or curled up next to me on the couch.  Here's my writing partner.... Missi-moo.  My half shi-zhu, half rat terrier, my rat shi.  Momma  couldn't craft her stories without you. 

Missi...."what me?" as she looks up.

Missi wanting "laptime" even though Momma is trying to work.

As we both give up the ghost...so tired. (and no I didn't drop my laptop)


©Becki Gylberte All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments: